In this section we'll show you how this course has been structured and how to get the most out of it. We'll also show you how to solve the exercises and submit quizzes.
Sections & Services
Career Guidance Cell
Mangayarkarasi College of Arts & Science Library exists to support undergraduate and postgraduate teaching. Library pursues higher value of Knowledge, Creativity, Wisdom and Empowers its users to be connected with literate published/available in the field through its collection and networks. The library is situated in Block 2 with 3135 sq.fts. It has 150 seating capacity. Library has established conducive atmosphere with provision of tables and chairs for reading with good ventilation for the students. Adequate space if provided for browsing and relaxed reading. Library has stocking over 13,000 books and 80 printed journals in a separate journal section. It has computerized circulation service and provided with OPAC facility to know the availability of the books etc. E-books and E-journals facility is provided to the users including remote access.
Working hours : 8.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Extra hours (Monday-Friday) : 4.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
(On Saturday) : 9.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Working days : Monday to Friday.
Holidays : Sunday and National Holidays.
During the examination days : 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
During vacation : 9.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m
All students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate courses, faculty and non-teaching staff are eligible for library membership.
Rules & Regulations
- Please maintain SILENCE.
- Remove your footwear outside and arrange properly.
- No discussion permitted, inside the library.
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
- Reference Books or periodicals are not issued out.
- Readers should not write or otherwise damage books, furniture etc.,
- For loss of books, the student may have to replace new ones, failing which they have to pay double the cost of the books.
- Students must check their books during lending. If they find any damage in books, it should be brought to the notice of the Librarian. Otherwise, the bearer will be responsible for the damages.
|Sl.No.||Member Details||No.of Books||Loan Period|
|1||UG Students||3||15 Days|
|2||PG Students||5||20 Days|
|3||Teaching Staff||5||1 Month|
|4||Non-Teaching Staff||5||1 Month|
- Books borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- Renewal can be done on the due date.
- Books have to be physically presented for renewals.
- Users are requested to verify the physical condition of the books before borrowing.
- Books – 12,130
- News Papers – 07
- Journals – 32
- Magazines – 30
- Back Volumes-
- CDs – 617
- Databases – 22
- Projects –